Joshua Scheffer – Owner and Director
My dealership career started after school work experience in 1990, becoming an apprentice as an auto electrician at Thomson Ford, Parramatta. I then moved to another Ford Dealer before deciding I would like to travel whilst still aligning myself to dealerships.
I ended up in the Gold Coast and Rockhampton before returning to Sydney in 2000. Eventually, I became a successful Service Manager with Ford and Toyota dealers in Sydney before then deciding to complete a lap around Australia, this time with my wife and kids in 2013. AHG granted me this wish in return for consultancy while travelling and a final role based in VIC as State Service Manager, where we now call home.
In 2019, unfortunately, my role was made redundant when the AP Eagers takeover saw most of the VIC operations move to QLD. I was then approached by Autopact to take on the National Fixed Operations role looking after QLD, NSW and VIC dealers. I started in 2019 and set up national professional systems and processes for aftersales development. These systems are still used today as the guide for success and improvement.
In 2021, I celebrated 30 years in the industry working in publicly listed, private equity and privately owned companies. All having different challenges and business models.
In 2022, I resigned from Autopact taking a long break and looking inside and outside the industry for a new challenge. In the words of Bono from U2, “I still haven’t found what I’m looking for”. My ultimate dream was to be a business owner as a Service Dealership Consultant.
In 2023, JS Auto Consult was born with unrivalled industry experience and personal passion for improving businesses.
With proven experience managing 60+ dealerships, including state and national aftersales operations for two major dealer networks, supportive collaborations, and networks with 30+ OEM’s, industry suppliers and influential leaders, I know what’s required for success in Service.
Aftersales Dealership Career
- Thomson Ford Parramatta NSW – Apprentice Auto Electrician
- Brad Garlick Ford Ryde NSW – Service Advisor
- Sunshine Ford Gold Coast QLD – Service Advisor
- Tropical Auto Group Rockhampton QLD – Service Advisor
- Winford Ford Windsor NSW – Assistant Manager inc. Warranty
- Cumberland Ford Blacktown NSW – Assistant Manager
- Power Ford Castle Hill NSW – Service Manager
- Lander Toyota Blacktown NSW – Service Manager
AHG – VIC State Service Manager
- Daimler Trucks Laverton Mercedes
- Essendon Ford
- Essendon Mitsubishi
- Essendon Nissan
- Essendon Kia
- Essendon Jaguar and Land Rover
- Melbourne City Mazda
- Melbourne City Hyundai
- Melbourne City Holden
- Preston Toyota
- South Morang Toyota
- Doncaster Jaguar Land Rover and Infinity
- Ferntree Gully Toyota
- Scoresby Pre-delivery centre
- Knox Mitsubishi
- Prestige Hino Trucks
- Coffey Ford Dandenong
- Coffey Ford Hallam
- Frankston Ford
- Frankston CJD
- Frankston Nissan and Suzuki
- Frankston Mitsubishi and KIA
- Mornington Nissan and Suzuki
Autopact – National Fixed Operations Manager
- Bayford Ford Epping
- Bayford Ford Coburg
- Bayford Ford Bundoora
- Bayford Volkswagen Epping
- Bayford Volkswagen Fairfield
- Bayford Volkswagen Camberwell
- Burwood Nissan and Great Wall Motors Haval
- Blackburn Nissan
- Blackburn Kia
- Bayford Parts distribution centre
- Bathurst Automotive Group
- Gateway Automotive Wollongong
- Clancy Automotive Dubbo
- Western Plains Automotive Dubbo
- Orange Motor Group
- Cricks Highway Springwood, Brisbane
- Cricks Tweed
- Cricks Maroochydore – Sugar Road
- Cricks Maroochydore – Wises Road
- Cricks Nambour
- Cricks Noosa
- Cricks Volkswagen Sunshine Coast
- Caloundra City Autos
- DC Motors Rockhampton
- Rockhampton Auto Group
- Daimler Trucks Sunshine Coast
- Coastline BMW Sunshine Coast
- Self-starter with a can-do, positive attitude and driven to lead, learn, improve and succeed.
- Proven Sales and Service leadership whilst still exceeding customer satisfaction.
- Proactive in resolving issues with leadership, organisational and communication skills.
- Strong ethically and encouraging reward from empowering people to achieve.
- Business analysis – Operations management – Performance tracking and evaluation – KPI driven
- Team building – Cost reduction – Procedure development – Facilities and fit-outs
- Employee engagement – Persuasive – Self-development – Inventory control – Cross functional team management – Staff training and development – Computer savvy – Complex problem-solving
- Exceptional time management skills – Industry known change/evolving executive.
Your Trusted Automotive Consultant
Servicing Clients All Across Australia
Service Department Financial Health Check & Capacity Remote Review
JS Auto Consult Complete Aftersales Health Check
New Service Management Training and Start Up
DP/GM Aftersales Management Training
Service Sales Process & Training
Aftersales Projects & Other Services
SERVICE DEPARTMENT FINANCIAL HEALTH CHECK & CAPACITY REMOTE REVIEW – Highly Recommended
Non biased evaluation of the performance of your service department against JS Auto Consult & industry best. In this comprehensive financial analysis we examine
- Labour gross profit % – R,W,I, unapplied and total
- Expenses %
- Net profit %
- Manpower capacity review
- Actual service labour results in comparison to your labour target
- Missing millions – upsell opportunity in $
Full presentation on data at completion and financial discussion action plan as needed.
JS AUTO CONSULT COMPLETE AFTERSALES HEALTH CHECK – 2 Weeks Recommended
Comprehensive, experienced, and unbiased review of your aftersales operations.
This two-week program looks in depth at all key parts to your aftersales business with heavy focus on Service Department operations.
Week One – Facilities, Financials, People, Process and Review with agreed action plans for improvement.
Week Two – Implementation on agreed key action plans with consultant. JS Auto Consult difference.
NEW SERVICE MANAGEMENT TRAINING AND START UP – 2 Weeks Recommended
New Service Manager start up training. For the inexperienced Service Manager or aspiring 2IC.
Learn all facets of Service Dept financials, operations, processes, people management and system set ups to ensure fast track results for your business. Training is on site, one on one live in your business.
DP/GM AFTERSALES MANAGEMENT TRAINING – 1 Week Recommended
Service department review includes
Comprehensive one on one training and understanding of Aftersales operations.
Learn all facets of Aftersales financials, operations, processes, people management and system setups to ensure fast-track results for your business. Best practice comparatives with onsite support rolling out procedural improvements.
SERVICE SALES PROCESS AND TRAINING –
1-2 Weeks Recommended
Your service department and all staff sell and recommend labour, parts, and products. Are you confident your team can sell a perceived “grudge purchase”? Are you following up on all recommendations?
JS Auto Consult provides training on proven processes that your staff and customers will both find less confronting, transparent and trustworthy, ultimately lifting your gross profit.
JS Auto Consult Service sales training will improve penetration of services at the time of booking, from the driveway/reception, in the workshop, and any post-service recommendations all whilst still maintaining customer satisfaction at every step.
JS Auto Consult has been involved with all areas of facilities development, including redevelopment.
From full build green field sites to the redevelopment of older shops.
Building a new workshop? JS Auto Consult has the experience and connections to set up your new workshop. A huge investment that you need to get right from day one.
AFTERSALES PROJECTS & OTHER SERVICES
- OEM supportive training on all aspects of dealership requirements and processes.
- Aftersales call centre operational review. KPI, timings, inbound and outbound programs.
- Manufacturer training programs
- Aftermarket service workshop training. After Market Service operations process training.
- Non-Dealership/Non-genuine aftersales consultancy service.
- Customer satisfaction consultation. Process – people – focus.
- Group aftersales training available.
- Locum Service Management available.
- Warranty Audit review.
- Supplier cost and negotiations.
To book a free consultation simply fill out the form below